22.09.2023Faber is taking five steered mega-trailers into use
Faber from Sint-Annaparochie provides audio and video services at events throughout Europe. From now on, the transport will be carried out using five customized Talson mega-trailers.
Faber transports sensitive electronic equipment such as large LED screens, video and audio equipment. The Talson trailers that have just been taken into use are built to be able to transport this cargo properly secured and dry.
Sven Terpstra, fleet manager: “For example, we support ski races, festivals and other large outdoor events with LED screens and audio/video equipment, but we also provide large television productions with LED screens and all accessories. The equipment is therefore used both indoors and outdoors. This means that it is transported under different conditions. To prevent condensation, our new trailers have insulated walls, roofs and floors, and facilities for ventilation.”
Talsons engineering and design team took care of all specific needs and requests of Faber to create these customized trailers. For example, they have a ventilation hatch at the front and rear (with option for mechanical ventilation), LoadLok binding rails against the side walls on six levels, a 3-tonne Dhollandia tail lift with power-down option (which lowers the lift quickly even in cold conditions) and a holder for ramps.
The axle configuration is also customized: the first axle can be lifted automatically (depending on the transported weight) and the third axle can also steer. This Talson has a high loading capacity, maximum loading length and optimal manoeuvrability.
Terpstra (Faber): “We chose Talson because of the good quality and because of their experience in mega-trailers. Moreover, Talson has the competence to build these trailers – in close co-operation with us – exactly to Fabers specifications.”
Technical data Talson TGG TAL 12 / 27 Mega Box Event Trailer (special for Faber AV)
- Self-supporting aluminum box with semi-frame of St-52 steel
- Three air-suspended 9-ton axles with disc brakes, tire size 445/45 R19.5
- First axle with automatic lifting device
- Third axle automatically steers, automatically in the middle position when reversing
- Coupling height 950 mm, maximum pressure on the kingpin 12 tons
- Cargo space dimensions 13,535 x 2,472 x 2,940 mm (l x w x h)
- Capacity 33 Euro pallets.
- Equipped with LoadLok tie rails on the side walls, on six levels (not recessed)
- Tare weight approx. 8640 kg (excluding tail lift), gvw 39,000 kg, load capacity approx. 21,695 kg.
- Equipped with Dhollandia tail lift, capacity 3,000 kg, platform length 2,200 mm, with power-down option
- floor with 26 recessed lashing eyes
- ramp holder (holder for ramps) on the underside of the chassis.
About Talson Trailers
Talson Trailer is the market leader in Europe in the construction of air cargo trailers and one of the leading manufacturers of closed trailers. Talson supplies the industry with products in the highest quality segment: innovative, flexible closed trailers with a unique aluminum structure.
Talson's head office is located in Venlo (NL). The delivery center is located in Goch (D), at the heart of the European transport industry. There is a second production location in Ulm (D). Talson's largest production site is located in Adapazari (TR).
Faber takes care of the technical realization of studio productions, LED screens at events, and video displays. The company has 8 own tractors, 13 own trailers and 6 rigids. Faber is part of the NEP Group, the world's largest player in this field.