“We have 150 flight cases on wheels, which must be properly secured during transport and are loaded and unloaded by hand at each concert. The Talson TGM TAL Event trailer that we purchased is the ideal trailer for this.”
Speaking is Terje Björdal, responsible for logistics at the Norwegian hard rock band Hellbillies. The band gives 40 to 80 concerts a year, and the band's equipment is transported in this trailer. “We use the entire floor area. Essential for us are the Talfix side walls with which we can secure the cases in any place. Talfix is a multifunctional durable load securing system with more than 10.000 load fixing points on each wall.”
Furthermore, Hellbillies chose this Talson trailer because of the low height of the floor in relation to the road surface – providing more space. The trailer comes with two aluminum ramps (399 x 92 cm) for loading and unloading, which are stored in a holder under the cargo area during the journey.
In the loading area there is a 40 cm step to the front part of the trailer. This Talson is a stepdeck trailer: a step deck frame providing the best inner height in box-type trailers and Mega trailers at the rear and a standard trailer at the front. It can therefore be coupled by any standard 4x2 semi-trailer tractor. The flight cases can be pushed to the high part of the loading floor by means of an aluminum ramp..
Björdal's first experiences with the Talson are very positive. “The trailer is light and easy to maneuver so that I can park it in hard-to-reach places. And he makes a very solid impression. We will enjoy this investment for years to come.”
Technical data Talson TGM TAL 12/16 Event trailer
- Self-supporting aluminum body with galvanized semi-chassis and sandwich panels.
- Stepdeck version, front loading height 2,720 mm, rear loading height 3,120 mm.
- Loading and unloading with two Altec aluminum ramps, 3,990 x 920 mm. Ramp holder between the support legs and the front axle
- Internal step 400 mm, with Altec event ramps for entering / exiting.
- Walls fitted with Talfix securing system
- Rigid 8 ton axles with air suspension, rim size 17.5 inch, drum brakes.
- Coupling height 1,150 mm, maximum pressure on the kingpin 12,000 kg.
- Loading length 13,535 mm, loading width 2,472 mm, capacity 33 euro pallets
- Own weight approx. 7,995 kg, gvw 28,000 kg, payload approx. 20,000 kilograms
- Code XL cargo certificate
- Equipped with lashing eyes integrated in the floor.
- Insulated plywood floor with resin coating, can be driven on with a forklift truck up to 5,400 kg.
- Aluminium container-style rear doors fitted with SBS Turtle mechanical locks.